The Membership of the Advisory Board of the UNESCO Chair "Sustainable Water Security" is constituted by the members of the Internal (FIU) Advisory Board, the external members of the Advisory Board, and the UNESCO Representative.
- Todd Crowl | Executive Director, Institute of Environment
- Brian Fonseca | Director, Jack D. Gordon Institute for Public Policy
- Ines Triay | Director, Applied Research Center
- Anthony Pereira | Director, Kimberly Green Latin American and Caribbean Center
- Patricia Aquing | (St. Lucia) – Caribbean Water and Environment Specialist.
- Andres Sanchez | (Colombia) – Sustainable Development Specialist - Water Program, Organization of American States
- Fabio Castelli | (Italy) – President Informatics Department, University of Florence
- Pilar Cornejo | (Ecuador) – Director, Escuela Politecnica del Litoral.
- Roberto Olivares | (Mexico) – President of the Latin America Network of Water Basin Organisms (LANBO).
- Andras Szollozi-Nagy | (Hungary) – Chair, Sustainable Water Future, Andras Szollosi-Nagy.
- William Cunningham | (USA) - Director, Earth System Processes Division, USGS
- Miguel Doria | (Portugal) - Regional Hydrologist for Latin American and Caribbean, UNESCO