Experts at the FIU Medina Aquarius Program use the unique assets of the program to teach a TDI/SDI Introduction to Surface-Supplied Diving course.
This three-day course includes classroom and hands-on training both in confined and open water to introduce divers to surface-supplied diving using Kirby Morgan SS-37 and/or SL-17 diving helmets.
Specific course topics include:
- The advantages and disadvantages of Surface Supplied Diving techniques over traditional SCUBA
- Diver umbilical tending procedures
- Introduction to the types of surfaced supplied air systems, air station and air station components
- Dive planning when using Surface Supplied Diving techniques
- Emergency procedures and safety requirements
Course Fee: $1,100*
Prerequisites: Open Water Scuba Diver from a nationally recognized diver training agency.
Enrollment Cap: 6 students (additional sections may be scheduled with sufficient demand)
Content Delivery: In-class instruction and hands-on experiential skills development at the Aquarius Reef Base facility in Islamorada, Florida.
Course Dates: Coming soon in Spring/Summer 2022
Who Should Enroll: Certified divers interested in gaining an introductory experience to Surface Supplied Diving using Kirby Morgan SS-37 and/or SL-17 dive helmets.
Enroll: If you are interested in enrolling for this course or if you have questions, please email Mr. Roger Garcia at 305-664-2916 x207 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Course fee includes classroom and in-water instruction, confined water and offshore dives and all associated Surface Supplied Diving gear and equipment. Travel, lodging, meals, incidentals and optional individual DAN membership fees are not included.