The NSTSTF Undergraduate Scholarship Award will provide $8,000 to two undergraduate students who are performing research relevant to the conservation of sea turtles. These funds can be applied toward research-related travel, conference travel, materials and supplies, and student tuition and fees.
The application package for the NSTSTF Undergraduate Scholarship Award includes the following:
- A 500-word abstract of the planned research project
- A 1,000-word summary of the proposed research project
- A 500-word personal statement that includes students’ career goals, aspirations, and research interests
- A detailed budget and justification that clearly describes how students plan to use the funds
- CV or resume
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of the student’s unofficial transcript
Application packages must be formatted into one PDF and emailed to Catherine Guinovart, Coordinator of Administrative Services for the Coastlines and Oceans Division in the Institute of Environment at firstname.lastname@example.org before Jan. 10, 2022.
If a student is applying for the NSTSTF Undergraduate Scholarship Award the subject line of the email should be “NSTSTF Scholarship Student’s Last Name”. The letters of recommendation for the scholarship should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line “LOR NSTSTF Scholarship Student’s Last Name".