The Price Laboratory for Hydrogeology is a research group directed by Dr. Rene Price within the Institute of Environment at Florida International University (FIU). The lab focuses on research about chemical hydrogeology, ecohydrology, stable isotope hydrology, saltwater intrusion and sea level rise.
Dr. Price and her team use natural geochemical tracers, including the stable isotopes of oxygen and hydrogen, to track water flow and chemistry throughout the hydrologic cycle. They also investigate water-rock interactions in carbonate aquifers, seawater intrusion and sea level rise.
The lab is engaged in several projects, including:
- Florida Coastal Everglades LTER Program
- CREST-Center for Aquatic Chemistry and Ecotoxicology
- Loxahatchee Impound Landscape Assessment (LILA)
- Deering Estate Rehydration Project
- Florida Bay Lakes Project
- Sea Level Rise Initiatives