Our research and programming include opportunities for students and community members to get involved. Browse our internships, scholarships and fellowships; environmental courses and trainings; community events and volunteer opportunities; and K-12 enrichment programs.
We offer these ongoing programs for students interested in environmental research.
Undergraduate students are chosen to participate in multiple research and hands-on training internship opportunities at FIU and partnering organizations.
The Coastal Ecosystems Research Experience for Undergraduates Site is an NSF-funded program that gives students firsthand research experience working with faculty and graduate students.
The Institute of Environment and the Everglades Foundation provide scholarships to full-time FIU graduate students pursuing Everglades restoration-related research.
Anyone can get involved with our work - and make a difference in the local environment - by taking part in our community events and programs.
- Join our Sea Level Citizen Science volunteers to measure tides around Miami-Dade County
- Learn about our efforts to unite local governments and other organizations to protect Biscayne Bay health
- Use your smartphone to improve our knowledge of Coconut Grove's tree canopy through the Grove ReLeaf project
Our researchers engage with students and teachers in South Florida and beyond, sharing the adventure of scientific exploration and teaching valuable skills.
- Explore Aquarius Academy curricula based on the research of the Medina Aquarius Program
- Get students involved in citizen science in the Florida Keys through the Florida Keys & Me program
- Browse Florida Coastal Everglades Long Term Ecological Research Field Experiences